Using the project Pentaho Report Designer, it is possible to create reports through the “Report Design Wizard”. It allows creating a report by the following steps:
- Select a template
- Add a data source using the icon “plus”. The data source should be a datawarehouse that integrates information from several sources (See: Data Integration)
- Write a SQL query for consulting the desired information from the database.
- Configure the labels of the report.
- Publish the report. (File -> publish)
- Open the report in the server through the option “Browse Files” (See: Pentaho Business Analytics)