Using the project Schema Workbench, create an OLAP Cube by the following steps:
- Create a connection (Option -> Connection). The data source should be a datawarehouse that integrates information from several sources (See: Data Integration)
- In the Schema, include a cube
- In the cube, include the table that contains the information to measure (e.g., sales)
- In the cube, include all required dimensions.
- For each dimension include at least one Hierarchy
- For each dimension include one table that includes the information required in the hierarchy
- For each Hierarchy include at least one level
- Include in the cube at least one measure.
- Publish the cube (File -> Publish).
- Open the cube in the server through the option “Create new” -> “JPivot view” (See: Pentaho Business Analytics)
Next cube has been created for the proposed scenario.
The cube is stored as XML file.